What is grace?


Now I know that I'm not a tall person. I'm not short but “kai” I'm not a tall person at all. I doubt I'm even in the group tagged "average height".
So, I was doing the dishes in a kitchen sink I've never used before. As in this was in someone's house. That was my first time in that particular house. So, as I was washing the dishes, I felt pain in my neck and shoulder. I was wondering why. I felt very uncomfortable. It wasn't a familiar zone. Then I looked around. VOILA! The sink was inches higher than the one at home. Hehehe... Wahala! I was almost standing on my toes, but I didn't know. Iyammi!!
I looked around for a stool to stand on but none. So I jejely returned to the dishes, finished them and ran out before my waist go follow pain me. https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/f51/1/16/1f603.png:D
Two things.
Now that something higher is contending with my height, I humbly accept that I'm not as tall as I thought I was.
Same goes when we turn our attention from the people we mentally compare our sinfulness or spirituality with, and measure ourselves with the stature of Christ. He, Christ, is the measure .
Literally standing on tiptoes isn't comfortable - Pain in the neck, shoulder, arms, waist, etc. But with a stool, I can comfortably step on it, bend slightly and do the dishes; maybe hum a tune (by the way, I now sing better .
There's a standard and the aid to measure up to that standard is GRACE. Grace is the stool. Self-righteousness is the tiptoe. Sinfulness is outrightly refusing to do the dishes coz the sink is too high. Grace is the stool.
You can live right, you can do right. You can grow into the fullness of Christ through grace. That's why Apostle Peter said, "...grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 3:18


Comments

  1. Wow! This is amazing! The practicality, simplicity and effective communication. It's not your fault that you're too tall :) no more than our being born sinners isn't ours- somehow, through genetic combination your parents decided that, just like Adam the fate of humanity. But it would be your fault if you'd not receive and allow the stool to elevate you. This is the kind of simplistic truth that liberates. Thanks for taking your "ordinary" experience and allowing God to use it for something extraordinary. Higher stools for you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thankfulness

SPIRITUAL WORKOUT

REFLECTIONS