REFLECTIONS


I love new beginnings especially new sessions. As a student, a new session means another chance to make things better. To grow to become a better friend, sister, student and colleague. I look forward to correct my wrongs and employ new habits and attitudes. I wrote this short article to encourage you towards new beginnings.
      As we look up the calendar of a new activity, we come face-to-face with the fact that our days are numbered in life. As the Psalmist wrote, “Teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” No thoughtful person can start anything without some introspection. We are reminded of the brevity of time. We also look back over our failures, mistakes and lost opoportunities and vow that we will make better use of our time during the new session. Failures in academics, morals, spiritual and religious affairs, physical and social standards. However, very few people ever take into consideration the relationships they had failed in. Relationships here covering every type from friendships to how they relate with colleagues, neighbours, and even strangers.
      We should take time to be pleasant, to smile, to extend the small courtesies we often omit. Psychiatrists tell us that most people are starved for love. Love is not an option; It is an obligation.
 I may not know anything about love, I do know that if you judge and discriminate people, you will have no time to love them. Do to others as you will like others to do unto you.

Take your time to give a helping hand and be generous, it will give you a sweeter spirit.

 Do not forget to listen ;it lift loads of worry off people.

Do not be in a hurry to hand out advice and walk away. Some people just want a listening ear. Be it family, friends, lovers, acquaintances or even strangers, show some love. We are not machines or robots.

The secret of a happy society is that the members learn to give and to receive love. Let us take out time to express our love in a thousand ways.
Remember, Philippians 3:13 says,“…forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before.”
 Leave it behind!

Comments

  1. One word only (or rather, one expression) escapes my mouth after reading this; WOW! Great stuff you've got going on here Yubbie. Can't belief I'm just getting to see this (Thank to Kate for the sending the link). Just when I thought there was an increase in timidity/shyness of being young,gifted & CHRISTed, then this hits me in the face. Nice blog on new sesssions....Guess I've got just one more activity to do whenever I look through my mobile. Hope to make contact too.Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much OLarry. I really appreciate dt u took ur tym to visit my blog. Ya, TGIS-Thank God I'm Saved! :D.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY 2018

SPIRITUAL WORKOUT

Thankfulness