Can God ever let you down?

So earlier today, a friend and I had to solve a simultaneous equation... Maths 
I took up my pen and got to work, and the next thing he said was, "Why do you want to do a manual calculation when you can use a calculator?"
My first thought was: "Huh?" and then I remembered "I don't even know how to use a calculator to solve simultaneous equations so it didn't even cross my mind. Lol." Knowing that I could still get it done quickly, I shrugged politely and said, "Well, I'm already on it."
LESSON 1
There is an easier way to get things done. We suffer because we don't know what to do
Ok, let's move on with the gist
As I continued with the solution, he said, "OK. Finish and I'll solve it with a calculator. Then we'll compare."
I smiled. Seriously? LOL
Well, I finished solving it and showed my answers to him. He picked up the calculator and in few secs, he had punched up an answer and waved the calculator proudly. SMART GUY.
We took a look at both answers and they were VERY DIFFERENT. LOL
I know what you're thinking...lol...stay with me in this gist
So, I told him, "Well, I'm very sure of my answers. Let's cross-check."
He stared at me and replied, "Ah ah. Are you serious? The calculator can never be wrong."
I smiled. "Well, it could be faulty," I thought.
Then I explained to him that in order to confirm whose answers were right, we will just input the values back into the equations. If they give the correct answers, then it's good. If it doesn't, then it's wrong.
Well, he agreed and that's what we did.
Lo and Behold, his answers were wrong!
LESSON 2
I dunno, just learn from it 
Ok, back to the story....
He exclaimed,"The calculator can not be wrong! There's something wrong somewhere."
He spent the next 10 or 15 mins trying to find out what's wrong. He was very particuar about it; punching the keys vigorously.
We all know the calculator can't be wrong. I agreed with him. However, something must have gone wrong.
Then he found it... Oh that Eureka moment.
Apparently, he had punched in the wrong values. He missed one or two steps earlier on, and as such, that affected what he ended up feeding into the calculator, and ultimately the results.
LESSON 3:
Now, this is the whole point of this facebook post.
My friend was very sure the calculator cannot be wrong!
He trusted it more than my brain (lol) just because we all know how effective a calculator is.
This really boosted my conviction about the infallibility of God.
God can never lie! He is not a man. God can never fail!
How many times do we remind ourselves of this truth?
How many times do we choose to be strong and trusting even in the face of seeming failure, just because WE ARE SURE THAT GOD CANNOT LIE AND WILL NEVER FAIL?
I encourage us tonight, much more than our trust in the things we can see and feel, God is the Sovereign One.
Stay strong. Just believe that in spite of what the physical evidence say in your situation, keep pushing your faith buttons because GOD CANNOT BE WRONG.
yeah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY 2018

Thankfulness

REFLECTIONS