It burdens my heart...

 
 

I just saw a post this evening and it spurred me to write this: Jesus Christ came to earth so many years ago and He was born of a virgin. He came for the salvation of mankind. For this reason, the most quoted Bible verse reads :"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."(John 3:16) There is a lot of controversy about 25th of December being or not being the day Christ was born and also that the Scriptures did not instruct us to celebrate His birth. But let me ask: Is it wrong to celebrate God's gift to mankind? Why are you  bothered about controversies that will lead us nowhere. Christ came to reconcile us to God. Why then are we trying to pull the church apart with controversies and divisions when we should dwell on what truly matters- One Faith, One Lord, One Hope, One Baptism. The church is The Body of Christ and not just denominations, doctrines, beliefs, what your pastor says or what your parents tell you. Read God's word and know His will. Reconcile people to God with the message of love and Salvation and stop searing people's minds with human reasoning and controversies. Jesus loves us and wants us to have a relationship with God. I celebrate the birth of Christ on the 25th but you don't does not mean Jesus loves me any less or loves you more neither does it mean Jesus loves you less and loves me more. God is one! Also, please if you do not share in my religious beliefs, let us not forget that God Almighty created each and everyone of us differently for a purpose. I will not making hurting and senseless comments about your belief so do not do that about mine also. I do not and will not force anyone to accept salvation as offered by the death and resurrection of Christ but I strongly believe that God loves each and everyone of us and does not desire that any should perish. I pray for the salvation of the unsaved and will still do but for now, let us all remain in peace. Merry Christmas from me to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY 2018

SPIRITUAL WORKOUT

Thankfulness