The Long Lonely Walk Home

We all, at one time or the other, have walked home alone a couple of miles. During those moments, thoughts flood our minds: school, family, friends, job, money, marriage, opportunities, regrets, what someone said that hurt you, compliments that got you flattered, how you’ll storm the world with your idea, or much more, if you are a really creative mind, you’ll even act a movie up there in your head, and of course, you’ll be the star of the movie, and so on and so forth.


Well, I had one of such days today and I want to share with you something that I know some of us are already familiar with, but quite a number of others know nothing about it.
It’s called a PRAYER WALK. As I walked down the lane leading to our house alone, thoughts flooded my mind and I was like, “Oh, there we go again.” Well, for starters, I am not much of a hummer, not to talk of a singer, so I often find myself in deep meditative thoughts. And this was one of those days.

Well, back to what I did. I decided to pray instead of “meditate”. But then, thanks be to God, in less than a minute, I quickly switched from praying with my understanding to praying in the Spirit. What a wonderful experience. Rather than have all sort of thoughts have a field day in my head, I drove them away and had an awesome time in prayer. Not just prayer, pray in tongues-pray in the Spirit.

If I had decided to continue with those thoughts, I would have just ended up worried or wound up in a tangle of more sorrows, because more issues will be unfolded as I turn each thought over and over again in my head. Also, if I had chosen to go down that path of praying with understanding, I would have just tried to use fancy, eloquent words that can explain how I feel or what I think about the issue. But God knows what’s best. And, let me just add that what makes us think that because we used the CORRECT ENGLISH WORD OR PHRASE that described the issue, then we have scored a point that will take our prayers higher into the realms of answers.

Please, I am not saying that it is wrong to pray with one’s understanding. However, let us always endeavor to pray in the Spirit more. It helps a megadeal. Remember, the Bible says that one of our weaknesses is that we don’t know what we OUGHT to pray for but the Holy Spirit helps us with groanings that cannot be expressed with words (oh! You know that point right?). And the Father who know all hearts, knows what the Spirit is saying for the Spirit pleads for us in harmony with God’s will (Rom. 8:26-27). Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard, and neither has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for you… BUT… it was to us that God revealed these things by His Spirit (or paraphrased, to us that God reveals these things daily)(1 Cor. 2:9-10)

And the end of the prayer walk, when I got home, I felt more refreshed. I felt more confident because I was sure I had handed over the issues on my heart to God, and I had handed them over in the best way. I hope to share a testimony about tonight’s prayers. Amen.

The words that changed my spiritual life for good are: “Make praying in tongues a regular practice.”
-          Andrew Wommack in his book: Sharper Than A Two-edged Sword

-           

So, you don’t know what burdens will be laid on your heart, what strongholds will be dismantled, what miracles will be released, what experience you will be entering into during those minutes of prayer. Go for a prayer walk. Use that long lonely walk home for prayers. Moments of solitude can be so rewarding. God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY 2018

SPIRITUAL WORKOUT

Thankfulness