When I was a child this meant a lot to me:

This is just a reminder of what is dear to us. As kids, I am sure we read and memorised this chapter so many times.Let's go over it again:

PSALM 23:

         The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;

          He makes me lie down in green pastures.

          He leads me beside still waters;

          He restores my soul.

          He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

          Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil;

          for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

          Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

          thou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows.

          Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
         
          and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.




Some time ago, during an evening program in my church, one of the elders got up to make a presentation. With his Bible in hand, he recited a whole chapter from the Bible. After his recitation, he told us that the read chapter was his best memory verses from childhood. This is what i'm talking about. This man has risen from the position of being an ordinary member of the congregation to a deacon and now an Elder in the cburch but still commited he's memory to these beloved verses of his.


Always dwell on God's goodness in your life. The Bible says, where there is Life, there is hope. Jesus instructed us to have the faith of a child. Remember how you trusted and loved God innocently? God remains the same yesterday, today and forever. His love is unconditional and unchanging. Do not outgrow the Lord's mercies. Don't let troubles, worries and doubt crowd out God's love from your heart. Don't resort into a legalist. Don't be too familiar with God and His word in the Bible. Still cherish and relive it
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY 2018

SPIRITUAL WORKOUT

Thankfulness