Blessed are the poor in spirit


BRO JOE:
We're spiritually poor and cannot buy the word of God. We're hungry and thirsty for righteousness, but we don't have the spiritual currency to buy. 
Will you accept our good deeds? Will you accept my keen intellect? I'm very logical and intelligent....

BRO JAMES:
Wait, brother Joe... Me, I am rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing. If you're spiritually poor, I am not. 
I speak with tongues of men and of angels. I have the gift of prophecy, and can understand all mysteries. I bestow my goods to feed the poor, and if need be, I can even give myself to be burned for another!

THE LORD:
I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! You say, ‘I am rich. I have everything I want. I don’t need a thing!’ And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.
So I advise you to buy gold from me—gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. Also buy white garments from me so you will not be shamed by your nakedness, and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see.

BRO JAMES & BRO JOE:
Oh, Lord...

THE LORD:
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten
BRO JOE:
But we do not have the money to buy from you gold and garment and ointment. We're hungry and even thirsty....
THE LORD:
Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink— even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of everything;  it’s all free!
(They both rushed to the Lord's bounty. BRO Excellent joined them)

BRO JOE: 
Ah! Bro Excellent. You're spiritually strong and knowledgeable already. You don't have need of these with us. You are full....

BRO EXCELLENT:
Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. 
I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith.
I have not already achieved these things or have I already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.
No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead

THE LORD:
I bless those who are poor and realize their need for me,  for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith I have given you.
 I resist the proud, but give more grace to the humble. I fill the hungry with good things, and send the "full" away empty
"BLESSED ARE THE POOR IN SPIRIT, FOR THEIRS IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN" -Matt. 5:3

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY 2018

SPIRITUAL WORKOUT

Thankfulness