BE A GOOD FRIEND


Here's a joke I saw yesterday on Christians Unite:

One Spring afternoon, I came home to find two little girls on the steps of my building. Both were crying hard, shedding big tears.
      Thinking they might be hurt, I dropped my briefcase and quickly went over to them. "Are you all right?" I asked.
      Still sobbing, one held up her doll. "My baby's arm came off," she said.
      I took the doll and its disjointed arm. After a little effort and luck, the doll was again whole.
      "Thank you." came a whisper.
      Next looking into the tearful eyes of her friend, I asked, "and what's the matter with you, young lady?"
      She wiped her cheeks. "I was helping her cry," she said.

That was funny, but it also got me thinking deeply. Am I committed to my friends and to the brotherhood of believers? The Bible says, "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep." -Rom. 12:15

So, for the weekend and beyond, be there for your hurting friend and lend a helping hand. Someone will need your shoulder to lean on, especially in these tough days. Be the friend that sticks closer than a brother

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY 2018

SPIRITUAL WORKOUT

Thankfulness