While I'm here in God's will

About a month ago, I was seriously uneasy and I totally did not like being in God's will..Of course, I KNEW it was God's will for me but I just kept being obstinate about it. Now, before you judge me, trust me it wasn't easy. I could totally relate with Abraham when the Lord called him out of his hometown. We all think he jumped at the idea and just went hippity hop down the lane leading to only-God-knows-where right? I doubt. I'm sure there were moments when he just sat and thought it over and over again. There must have been some seemingly impossible moments. And of course, the subtle one, the devil must have whispered discouraging thoughts to him...but he (Abraham) kept right on going as the Lord led him daily.

I could also relate with the children of Israel during their wilderness journey. It wasn't easy. They looked back and had memories. They looked ahead but saw nothing. I was like them. There were moments I just held on tight to the memories of the level I had just come out of. But when I remembered that their wilderness journey was prolonged 'coz they were stubborn and struggling with God's will, lusting after the cucumbers in Egypt, meeehhhhnnn...I just kept right on going lest my experience should be prolonged.
And of course, God's word was there to guide every single moment of the way. That's when I discovered that it is not enough to KNOW God's will (Rhema receivers take note), but we ought to OBEY that will and STAY in it. "Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control." -Psa. 32:9 (NLT) So, having known God's will, receive grace and understanding to stay in it.
The truth is, you can't get from A to Z without passing through C, J, M, etc..So, having known God's will, you ought to obey it in order to receive His promises. "We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne." -Heb. 12:2
Our Lord did it. So, we can. Receive grace.Every single day I wake, I am so glad I stayed in God's will. I thank the good Lord for His unfailing love. His grace is really sufficient.

PS: Having known God's will always remember that you have the choice to leave or to stay. But please, stay. "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." Our patriarchs did it. You can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY 2018

SPIRITUAL WORKOUT

REFLECTIONS