Let's talk about STINGINESS

DOWNLOAD THIS POST


So, I'm here in class. It's late at night. It's 23 minutes past ten o'clock. There's a laptop in front of me and free "WIFI"...So, what the heck? I'm supposed to be encouraging people through my posts and it's been ages. Wow! That's wrong. I have to be more committed to blogging but most importantly, I have to be more committed to encouraging. So, ummmm, what am I supposed to talk to you about? *thinking* Ok. I got it. Let me share a lil bit on STINGINESS.
Yea, stinginess. One of the cruelest character traits, and one most harmful to harmony, is stinginess. Let's do  some mathematical (or let's say verbal) calculations.
We've all come across the Bible portion that reads:

 "Give and it shall be given unto you...good measure... pressed down...shaken together...running over...(Luke 6:38-paraphrased)"----------Equation 1

 Most times we interpret it as "...give to God's business and God will give back to you a lot more than you gave." Well, that is right but I do believe there's more to it than just God's business. Let me take our minds to another Bible portion that goes thus:

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you(Luke 6:31-paraphrased)."---------------equation 2

 Now, add equation 1 and 2 together, you have:

Give to others and they will give to you. Even more than you gave to them. The two Bible verses are even found in the same chapter. Few verses after/before each other.
Some of us are very stingy! Yes, let me say it like the true Nigerian I am. You have to give before you can receive. We are humans and we don't like stingy people. Most times, the stingy people in our lives are the greedy ones. They won't give you but they will always want to take from you. Well, I am not referring to those people. I am talking to you. You have to stop being stingy and start sharing (even the little). You can never know the joy in giving until you truly express yourself by giving. Giving is blessed especially when you give to someone who has no means of repaying you then you know you have blessed a life. Learn to give. No matter how tough the situation may be. Always give to people in need. You will be in need someday.
However, I strongly believe in wisdom in all that one does.
Don't read this post and then jump up to give away all your stuff. Nope, let's be real. Give when a friend is in need. Don't be wasteful even in your giving. Give with love and not out of pride. Even the Bible exhorts us not to be proud and arrogant in our giving (letting your right hand know what your left hand did).

Give and it shall be given unto you. Be blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY 2018

SPIRITUAL WORKOUT

Thankfulness